题库网 (tiku.one)

找回密码
 立即注册

手机扫一扫,访问本页面

开启左侧

IB ESS Unit 1 Foundations of ESS (id: 1847156f4)

[复制链接]
admin 发表于 2024-4-10 15:13:04 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本题目来源于试卷: IB ESS Unit 1 Foundations of ESS,类别为 IB环境系统与社会

[单选题]
As a young 12-year-old girl, Severn k cej2i8jd,d.az m 4xr hu5-c5Suzuki spoke at the Eartmv4o.0(riqgd y.:a pbi1 r 5arh Summit in Rio in 1992. She spoke about the damage she saw around her home in Canada and heard about from around the world. She asked world leaders to change their policies. She said, ‘If you don’t know how to y 01q r.5amioapi(4rv:r gbd .fix it, please, stop breaking it.’
Describe how Severn Suzuki may have shaped the outcomes of the Earth Summit in Rio.

I. Government leaders were made aware of the impact of environmental degradation on the next generation and, therefore, the impact of the legislation they were writing.
II. Legislation was written to tackle the hole in the ozone.
III. People around the world realised that raising their voices could influence the decisions made at the Rio Earth Summit.

A. I only
B. II only
C. I and III only
D. I, II and III

参考答案:  A

本题详细解析:

Statement I is true. Individuals can stand up and influence people’s actions, both in their personal lives as well as their professional lives. If you watch a video of Severn Suzuki's speech, you can see clearly how uncomfortable the delegates were listening to her reminder of the effect of their decisions on the lives of their own children.
Statement II is not true, as legislation to protect the ozone from further damage was signed in 1987 in Montreal and is known as the Montreal Protocol.
Statement III is not true because while Severn did inspire many to raise their voices in protest, they only did so after watching her speech, which was too late to influence the decisions made at the Rio Earth Summit. It certainly influenced decisions made afterwards, though.

微信扫一扫,分享更方便

帖子地址: 

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

浏览记录|使用帮助|手机版|切到手机版|题库网 (https://tiku.one)

GMT+8, 2024-10-5 00:07 , Processed in 0.049582 second(s), 28 queries , Redis On.

搜索
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表