题库网 (tiku.one)

找回密码
 立即注册

手机扫一扫,访问本页面

开启左侧

IB Economics Unit 2.5: Microeconomics - Market Failure (id: 6082b82fe)

[复制链接]
admin 发表于 2024-7-27 01:51:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本题目来源于试卷: IB Economics Unit 2.5: Microeconomics - Market Failure,类别为 IB经济学

[单选题]
Governments invest in the construction and maintenank,u1onizlhn( nx-; fa fw/, v.ce -+dmbi :xfj;ylqq3p1 of infrastructure such as roads, bridges, and public transportation systems. These projects improve mobility and facilitate economic activities for the y ;mqjlq31xib- p fd:+entire population. For instance, the interstate highway system in the United States connects people across states and enables the efficient movement of goods and services.
Based on the scenario above, which of the following statements are true?

I. Infrastructure such as roads, bridges and public transportation systems generate positive production externalities.
II. Government investment in infrastructure projects is an example of direct provision by the public sector.
III. In the absence of government intervention, infrastructure projects are likely to be over provided by the free market.

A. I only
B. II only
C. I and II only
D. I and III only

参考答案:  C

本题详细解析:
C

Statement I is correct: infrastructure projects generate positive externalities of production because they lower production costs for businesses and make communication and transport more efficient.

Statement II is correct: government investment in infrastructure projects is an example of direct provision designed to correct the underprovision of infrastructure by the free market.

Statement III is incorrect: infrastructure projects are likely to be under-provided by the free market because of the positive externalities they generate.

微信扫一扫,分享更方便

帖子地址: 

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

浏览记录|使用帮助|手机版|切到手机版|题库网 (https://tiku.one)

GMT+8, 2024-10-3 12:27 , Processed in 0.061620 second(s), 29 queries , Redis On.

搜索
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表