题库网 (tiku.one)

找回密码
 立即注册

手机扫一扫,访问本页面

开启左侧

Free Trade and Trade Protection (id: 35e7d0004)

[复制链接]
admin 发表于 2024-7-27 17:05:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本题目来源于试卷: Free Trade and Trade Protection,类别为 IB经济学

[单选题]
Imagine a hypothetical scenario where (b(grviig;ny. pf -h0the fi)lkp( g-ntt;jvc:z r clx ::.c :ea(fpctional country of Protopia decides to sell its exports at below-cost prices in the neighvjx:t r)(k:cze tlcnp l:a;(pf . c:g-boring country of Econland.
In the scenario above, if Econland responded by imposing tariffs on imports from Protopia, the tariffs are

I. an anti-dumping measure.
II. a response to unfair competition.
III. used to protect domestic jobs.
IV. a step towards a more efficient allocation of resources.

A. I only
B. II only
C. I and IV only
D. I, II and III only

参考答案:  D

本题详细解析:
D

Explanation:
Statement I: tariffs in this scenario will be an anti-dumping measure to counter Protopia’s dumping of its products at below-cost prices.

Statement II: Econland’s tariffs are a response to Protopia’s unfair competition, and many economists would argue that tariffs in this case are justifiable.

Statement III: Econland’s tariffs are used to counter Protopia’s dumping and will thus protect domestic jobs in those industries harmed by Protopia’s actions.

Statement IV: Trade protection leads to a misallocation of resources, even when in response to dumping by a trade partner. Countries can utilize diplomacy and political pressure to prevent dumping, rather than resort to tariffs.

微信扫一扫,分享更方便

帖子地址: 

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

浏览记录|使用帮助|手机版|切到手机版|题库网 (https://tiku.one)

GMT+8, 2024-10-3 12:39 , Processed in 0.054488 second(s), 28 queries , Redis On.

搜索
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表