题库网 (tiku.one)

找回密码
 立即注册

手机扫一扫,访问本页面

开启左侧

Unity and Diversity A.1 Water (id: d7f6d016e)

[复制链接]
admin 发表于 2024-2-9 00:15:17 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本题目来源于试卷: Unity and Diversity A.1 Water,类别为 IB生物学

[单选题]
Which of the following statement(s) about the role of water a7q 9vk mjd5mw..j kv3es a solven: *pph*t*7d;e a plmynt is corrpd* 7t*pnp:e;a * mylhect?

I. Salt can dissolve in water because it is hydrophilic
II. Lipids cannot dissolve in water because they are non-polar
III. Cellulose can dissolve in water, as it is able to form hydrogen bonds

A. I only
B. I and III only
C. I and II only
D. I, II and III

参考答案:  C

本题详细解析:
Salt, an ionic compound, dissolves readily in water because wat x*o9(m9d swt( wux:kxer is a polar solvent and can interact with the charged ions in salt through electrostatic attractions. Substances that have an affinity for (wdkux*t sxw:o9(m9 xwater and can form interactions with water molecules are referred to as hydrophilic (Statement I). Lipids are non-polar molecules, and water is a polar solvent. Polar and non-polar substances do not readily mix because water molecules are attracted to each other through hydrogen bonding and other dipole-dipole interactions. Lipids are hydrophobic, meaning they repel water and do not dissolve well in it (Statement II). Choice C is, therefore, correct.

Although cellulose can form hydrogen bonds, it is insoluble (Statement III) as it is too large to dissolve in water; Choices B and D are therefore incorrect as they include this statement. Choice A is incorrect as it does not include statement II.

微信扫一扫,分享更方便

帖子地址: 

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

浏览记录|使用帮助|手机版|切到手机版|题库网 (https://tiku.one)

GMT+8, 2024-10-5 01:05 , Processed in 0.056830 second(s), 28 queries , Redis On.

搜索
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表