题库网 (tiku.one)

找回密码
 立即注册

手机扫一扫,访问本页面

开启左侧

Continuity and Change D.11 Stability & Change (id: 76bf14af3)

[复制链接]
admin 发表于 2024-2-6 04:32:41 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本题目来源于试卷: Continuity and Change D.11 Stability & Change,类别为 IB生物学

[单选题]
Hummingbirds are the chief pollinators for k( z22ovpik:xtfqv77 /ah)fd a wide varietul 2uq1w3th6p07okmy)swt *y +s4prty of flowering and fruit plants and are considered es2ost4ps+ulm3ty* 7 wuptk6wrq0 1 hy)sential keystone species. Which of the following statements describe a keystone species?

I. The species, if removed, would drastically change the ecosystem
II. The species whose influence is out of proportion to its abundance or biomass
III. The keystone species is a dominant species, one that has a significant effect

A. I only
B. II only
C. I and II only
D. I, II and III

参考答案:  C

本题详细解析:

The keystone species, by definition, is a species within a community with a disproportionate role to its abundance or biomass. It has a unique role in maintaining the balance and structure of the ecosystem. If the species were removed, it would have severe ramifications for the rest of the community.

[The analogy is the keystone in the architecture of an arch, if the stone is removed, the arch would collapse. Though small in size, this stone plays a key structural role in maintaining the arch.]

An example of a keystone species is the beaver, a small animal that builds a dam, flooding a river valley, allowing for fish, other aquatic animals and vegetation to flourish in the resultant water body that is formed. If the beaver were removed, the entire ecosystem would collapse.

A keystone species is not a dominant species, one that has a significant influence on the community because of its abundance or high biomass, it can be relatively rare compared to the other species in the ecosystem. Therefore, Choice D is incorrect. Choices A and B do not include both the correct statements.

微信扫一扫,分享更方便

帖子地址: 

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

浏览记录|使用帮助|手机版|切到手机版|题库网 (https://tiku.one)

GMT+8, 2024-10-5 00:15 , Processed in 0.057673 second(s), 28 queries , Redis On.

搜索
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表